Whenever I see or hear of government officials vacationing on the taxpayer’s dime, I get upset.
Obama and his 3 million dollar Christmas. Ugh!
Now Pelosi and her 10K per night hotel.
Nancy (I can do it but you’d better not) Pelosi – in five days spends what MANY MANY people make IN A YEAR. Just to lay her head on a pillow in that place.
Ten Thousand Dollars. Per Day.
Maybe it’s from her private millions…I don’t care, because thanks to hawaiireporter.com, I found out that: “Pelosi has been escorted by local police during her last two holiday visits to Hawaii Island at a cost of $34,000 to local taxpayers.”
Again, a year’s salary for some people.
I will use my life as a personal comparison:
I work part time to stay at home with my children.
My husband works full time, about 12 hours per day.
Pelosi spends in less than a week, just to be there, what my husband and I make together in a year.
This does not mean that I begrudge the well-to-do individual the opportunity to take their family on a fling for Christmas.
Please understand, no one has a problem with wealthy people taking vacations that they EARNED on their own dime. We all understand that they deserve to do what they will with their money. (All of us except for OWSers, that is…)
But some people in our Government don’t care that tax dollars are important to Americans. Every dollar (taken from us) counts, so when Michelle Obama takes a government plane out to Hawaii just a couple of days early … because she doesn’t want to wait for her husband… and it costs 100K to the American People, it is a little hard not to be upset at the “Let them eat cake!” attitude.
The prevalent mindset of “The government is here to serve me” is something that must be weeded out of our Congress.
Read this from Hawaiifreepress.com:
“Judicial Watch last March exposed Pelosi treating the US Air Force “like her personal airline”. FOX News March 10 pointed out: In one email (Pelosi) aide Kay King >>complained<< to the military that they had not made available any aircraft the House speaker wanted for Memorial Day recess: “It is my understanding there are NO G5s available for the House during the Memorial Day recess. This is totally unacceptable … The Speaker will want to know where the planes are,” King wrote.
*The one-way flight from San Francisco to the Big Isle is 2400 miles, within the range of both the C-20 (Gulfstream III) and the C-37A (Gulfstream V) but only the C-37A could safely make the 4500 mile one-way trip from Washington, DC >nonstop<. Akamai readers will of course remember how Pelosi’s Congress last fall >>berated<< Detroit auto executives for flying corporate jets from Detroit to Washington to appear before Congress requesting Federal bailouts.
The big three execs were forced to return to Washington a week later by car in order to get a hearing.
Not Pelosi or her ultra-rich “in-group”.” (emphasis is mine – and did you see that it was all about convenience?)
So this is what I want to know….When are you going to wake up, Americans? When are you going to stop watching American Idol and whatever else you are obsessed with … and do something to save your country – and your freedom, and vote these people out of office?
You go to Washington to SERVE the American people.
Not take advantage of them!
Reprinted with permission of the author. Leah Palomita is a Christian Writer who appears in CDN and other publications
How dishonest? Four Pinocchio’s from the Washington Post. I am amazed that WashPo ran the piece.
These are major endorsements. J.C. Watts is on every VP short list and he is a powerful orator and brilliant politician, businessman and church leader.
Here is a video and transcript of Mark Steyn challenging J.C. Watts’ endorsement and Watts was more than prepared for it – LINK.
Art Laffer is the author of the Reagan economic recovery and is a legendary economist.
“Newt has the best economic plan among all the candidates” – Art Laffer
While some of these flips are older and a few are arguably mitigated, many are not. The first few are ones we have seen before but the last half of the video are flips that will be new to most people. The second half of this video is devastating.
Furthermore Blog has more of the documented flips complete with links and video:
Mitt Romney opposed the two most successful conservative policy efforts of the last 30 years… the Reagan policies of the 1980`s and the Contract With America of the 1990`s. I have always been impressed with any so-called ‘self-proclaimed conservative’ or ‘Republican’ who parrots discredited Keynesian economic thinking, believes in man-made climate change and embraces government ‘mandates’ and social engineering.
There is nothing in Mitt Romney’s record that indicates that he is anything other than a liberal progressive Republican ‘masquerading’ as a palatable conservative. Mitt Romney represents everything that is wrong with the Republican Party and everything that has left us dying in a ditch. Pretend conservatives are what got us to where we are and are what will completely destroy us if allowed.
Conversely, ‘thinking conservatives’ support free markets, constitutionally limited government, and fiscal responsibility and oppose politicians from both parties who do not. They understand that conservatism ‘cannot be redefined’ to fit the mold of whoever the candidate is. But enough of the preamble. ‘The Mitt Romney Republican Plank’ are statements Romney has made in support of liberal progressive policies and/or he governed as such:
Each bullet point is a documented link.
- Romney states he’d keep parts of ObamaCare: “Repeal the bad. Keep the good.”
- Romney believes in individual government mandates “I like mandates.”
- Romney believes RomneyCare and thus, ObamaCare should be “a model for the nation” because, he has said so.
- Romney is the architect for ObamaCare. And, his three advisers met at the White House twelve times to craft the ObamaCare act.
- Romney lauded: “I’m moderate. My views are Progressive… regardless of party label.”
- Romney believes liberal judges should be appointed to the courts. Mitt passed over GOP lawyers for 75% of 36 judicial vacancies naming instead Democrats and Independents appointments.
- Romney is an advocate for same-sex rights. Mitt Romney nominated not one, but two, known homosexual liberal gay-marriage activists as judges in Massachusetts.
- Romney was for ‘gay marriage’ before he was against it.
- Romney issued an official state proclamation celebrating “Gay Youth Pride Day” even though there was no legal reason requiring him to do this. Here is the Proclamation from the Governor’s office.
- Romney opposed the Boy Scouts’ policy prohibiting homosexuals from serving as scoutmasters and prevented the organization from participating publicly in the 2002 Olympics.
- Romney believes taxpayers should pay for, and the government should subsidize, abortion. Mitt supported abortion funding in his Romneycare plan.
- Romney placed a Planned Parenthood member on the Mass Health Care board. He did not place a pro-life member on his board.
- Romney’s conversion to the pro-life position is suspect and his ongoing support of homosexual rights is not.
- Romney’s environmental advisers now work in Obama’s White House for the EPA.
- Romney’s appointment of environmental adviser John Holdren is troubling. Now a member of the Obama White House, Holdren holds some very extreme views. He has talked of forced abortions, confiscation of babies, mass involuntary sterilization and he is an advocate of de-developing America and population control.
- Romney was for Cap and Trade before he was against it, or sumthin.
- Romney lauded Cap-and-Trade as “good for business” according to a 2005 Boston Globe report.
- Romney in Manchester, NH, in June of 2011 stated: ‘man-made global warming is real.’
- Romney believes in tax and ‘fee’ increases on corporations and residents. Mitt raised taxes and fees on Massachusetts businesses and residents by $750 million annually.
- Romney had a net payroll jobs gain of less than 1% over 4 years; 0.09% to be exact in job creation, compared with job growth of 5.3% for the nation as a whole.
- Romney was 47th out of 50 Governors in job creation and economic growth.
- Romney ranked: Massachusetts was ranked third lowest in job creation and would have ranked second lowest if Hurricane Katrina had not devastated the Louisiana economy.
- Romney lead a 14% decline in Massachusetts manufacturing during his tenure when the rest of the nation saw only 7%.
- Romney oversaw a 3.5% out-migration in population in his state during his tenure.
- Romney increased the local tax burden from 10% to 10.6% of per capita income.
- Romney’s record led the Club For Growth to ultimately give Romney a “C” on fiscal issues after concluding that he “broke his verbal commitment” to not raise taxes in Massachusetts.
- Romney had the 2nd worse score on fiscal issues out of the 25 freshmen Republican Governors according to a rating by the Cato Institute.
- Romney’s economic performance during his tenure is summarized by the Boston Globe in this chart titled: “Massachusetts’s economic performance”. This chart is informatively brutal. [If you receive a 404 Not Found error. Keep refreshing the link. It’ll come up.]
- Romney’s jobs record was worse than Michael Dukakis’
- Romney believes climate change is a man-made hysteria, because Mitt believes man has directly influenced global warming.
- Romney believes ethanol should be federally subsidized.
- Romney believes in mandated socialized medicine, because Mitt has stated RomneyCare is “one of his best assets” and ‘is a conservative view.’
- Romney opposes the Flat Tax. At least, until Mitt said he loves the flat tax last week, or something. But Romney’s 159-page jobs plan doesn’t have a flat tax in it.
- Romney supported gun control measures. He supported the Assault Weapons ban and the Brady Bill, but now claims to be 2nd Amendment supporter.
- Romney now embraces “the 99%”. Not the ‘53%’…or the ‘1%’.
- Romney refused to support the Bush tax cuts.
- Romney did not support the two most prolific conservative movements of the last 30 years; The Reagan Revolution and the Contract with America.
- Romney did nothing about ‘right to work laws’. Then, in October 2011, he refused to endorse Ohio’s union referendum limiting collective bargaining. The next day he reversed himself.
- Romney favored an increase in the minimum wage by indexing it.
- Romney embraced Obama’s stimulus bill, because in Mitt’s hardcover book “No Apology,” he wrote Obama’s stimulus bill would “accelerate the timing of the start of the recovery.”
- Romney supported TARP bailouts.
- Romney supports Arne Duncan’s and Obama’s Education Secretary’s reforms; and as video shows, praised ‘Race to the Top’. Romney also supported No Child Left Behind
- Romney’s overall spending grew 20.7% over four years as Governor of Massachusetts.
- Romney grew government jobs on state payroll in Massachusetts by 7.2%
- Romney believed in 2008 illegal immigrants here already should be granted citizenship, saying: “the 12 million or so ‘illegals’ already here should be granted citizenship.”
- Romney’s business experience did not show him to govern as a conservative in Massachusetts.
- Romney was listed as No. 8 in a 2005 list of Top 10 RINO’s in the Republican Party by Human Events.
- Romney supported the re-nomination of Ben Bernanke after the housing collapse.
- Romney “is not a conservative.” The conservative Republican base is “not happy” with Mitt Romney, says Rush Limbaugh.
- Romney led Massachusetts Republicans into holding the fewest seats in the Legislature since the Civil War.
- Romney has raised more money from lobbyists, wealthy special interest groups, especially K Street, and lobbyist-linked political action committees, than all of the other Republican candidates combined.
The real Mitt Romney is clearly an extraordinarily ambitious man with no perceivable political principle whatsoever. He will alter his past, exaggerates his record and traffic in ambiguous language. That puts Romney and Obama in the same sand box. Romney is a manufactured candidate. He moderates his stripes, but he doesn’t change them.
Romney overstates his accomplishment and understates the side effects.
And last week Romney was lecturing Newt about making zaney statements against Obama…
Newt is “too strident” in his critiques of Obama says Romney… that is what John McCain thought.
Aside from the fact that Lucy was “busy and earning a living because she wasn’t born with a silver spoon in her mouth” (Thank you Christian writer Leah Polomita for that one…).
Mitt Romney will say anything and the elite media has not gone after him yet. When they get done with him we will be having second thoughts just like we did with McCain and Dole. Mitt makes John Kerry look like the Rock of Gibraltar and that is just since 2008.
In my view what we need and what America is searching for is moral clarity.
A Romney endorsement is defensive in measure when we are on the march. It is a step back not a step forward.
Some people say that “Romney is the only one who can bring people together”. Those people need a history lesson.
Newt Gingrich was the first public figure in our lifetime to nationalize a mid-term election. He united America with “The Contract for America” and at the time generated the biggest GOP landslide since 1984.
While others talk about balancing the federal budget, Newt got it done as Speaker. Newt also got a Democrat President to sign welfare reform.
In 2010, nine of the top 10 swing states women and Catholics, both notorious swing voters went for TEA/GOP candidates in the largest margins since 1984. It was not a Mitt Romney message that made that happen, it was the message of Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich. Since when is Massachusetts a microcosm for America?
If you recall, Newt was on the Sunday shows defending Sarah and our new candidates on the Sunday shows since Obama took office.
Both Ann Coulter and Laura Ingraham support Mitt Romney, but I heard both of them saying together on Laura’s show that Mitt will move to the left as the campaign goes on and he will move to the left when the media and the Democrats turn up the pressure. Then they said it was great because then they would have someone to make fun of for four years.
Mitt Romney a uniter? Mitt is trying to divide the conservative vote in pieces so he can get some conservatives, liberal Republicans, and what he perceives as “independents” on his side. The problem is that this strategy totally ignores what happened in 1996, 2008, 1994 and 2010.